It’s not quite ready for release, but it’s getting close. It still needs a bit more polish, a lot of code tidying, and maybe 1 or 2 more features before I post the finished game and try to write up some how to articles to go along with it:
- Foundations - fixed timestep game loop, resource loading, sprites, etc.
- Level Maps - Using a simple image to define levels.
- Entities - data driven entities.
- Collision Detection - simple grid collision detection.
- Game Logic - state machines and decoupled pub/sub event handling.
In the meantime, here is some fuzzy video footage of the game in progress…
Looking For Graphic Artist
On a related note, if there happens to be any pixel artists out there who might be interested in collaborating on spicing up the graphics for this project please get in touch. I’m using programmer art and sprites ripped from old NES roms, but I think its about time I found someone to help make my games look a bit better.
If you are interested, please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are in the Seattle/Eastside area all the better!